Saturday, September 18, 2010

Longarm Guild

Today at my longarm guild we had a great treat! We met in the shop of Renae Haddadin (www.quiltsonthecorner.com). What a talent she is! I'm a newbie, got my longarm machine last summer, so it was really impressive to see her work up close and to ask questions about it. I can't say what it is, but be on the lookout as she has a fantastic new product coming out. I can't wait to get my hands on mine!

I am very fortunate because in my guild we have national award winning quilters. And....we have newbies like me. A comment was made by a new member today....the same comment I made last year when I joined...."I'm only going to quilt quilts for myself...not make a business." That got a laugh last year and again this year. The more experienced ones say they all said that too. So I wonder...will I ever feel proficient enough to charge someone for my quilting? I'm not sure...all I know is I enjoy having the machine and learning. Having all these experienced quilters around is a bonus!

No comments: