Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Manly Man and Pride and Prejudice

Last night my husband and I watched the first dvd disc of Pride and Prejudice, the Colin Firth version. What may surprise you is my husband is the one that wanted to watch it. It's a favorite for both of us.

I started thinking about the fact he liked this movie. It wasn't like this when we first got married over 30 years ago. I've always viewed him as a manly man. He knows cars, watches racing on tv, and likes to hunt and fish. Knows how to wield a hammer. Give him a power tool and he's there. And yet, there's this soft side to him.

I can't pinpoint when it was he started to like romantic comedies. But it's not like this is all he favors. Give him a Bruce Willis action movie or a big budget Transformers and he's all for watching those. But somewhere along the line he began to enjoy the movies I liked. Or maybe he liked those all along but was afraid to say anything. At any rate, this series makes me smile, makes my husband smile. We had a pleasant evening watching the dvd. And a bonus....I'm almost finished with the wall hanging I've been working on. How great is that?

No comments: