Thursday, February 10, 2011

Kona Solids

About a month ago (I can't believe it's been that long!) I decided to take the plunge and go get some Kona Solids. I've never worked with them before, other than to use the black for one thing or another. I've seen some beautiful works of art with solids so I treated myself to some fabric. I don't have a plan yet as I'm in the middle of making a charity quilt but I'm thinking of doing some kind of liberated log cabin, strips, or maybe I'll just cut pieces and see what develops!


I bought this selection (the fabrics are actually a deeper richer color than what the photo shows) at one of my favorite LQSs, Gardiners Sew and Quilt. They weren't on sale at the time but the prices for solids weren't bad, around $7/yd if I remember correctly. Lo and behold I received a flyer in the mail a couple of days ago and they're having an open house at the end of the month and just about everything is 20% off! I feel so lucky! I bought 1/2 yd pieces of only a few of what they had. Now I can go back and add to my stash! I'm so happy I hadn't started on my project! This is one time that delaying was a good thing! Now all I need to do is cut squares off the pieces and take them with me so I don't buy the same fabrics!

3 comments:

Betty said...

The fabrics are beautiful... Can't wait to see what you do with them! But I want to hear more about the charity quilt you're working on!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

oh! here you are, I clicked on our other link on your profile and didn't find a blog.... these solids are FAbulous!!! ooh! have fun cutting them up!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wonderful colors - they'll be gorgeous in a liberated quilt.