Friday, October 8, 2010

Quilt Books


Lately I've been buying quilt books and wanted to share these with you.


I've had Kimberly Einmo's book for awhile and my Frolic Stars quilt was from the book. I was lucky enough to be in the same guild with her when we both were at Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. She is such a delightful person and you can find her at shows around the country and the world as she travels a lot and teaches.


The Schnibbles and Simply Charming books are books from authors whose blogs I frequent. Schnibbles has been a quilt blog phenomena and I'm excited to make a quilt from the book. Haven't yet decided on which pattern to go with but I'll be sure to post when I do. The Simply Charming book's author's blog is called Moose on the Porch. Some great patterns in her book too and I can't wait to make one of those.


The Liberated Quilting book is something I've seen but only bought because there are several blogs I follow that used her process on some quilts. I found them very intriguing and decided I wanted the book so I could follow along and try some of the things out. Her first book is hard to find since I believe it's out of print, but a review I read said she covers the same things in this book. But...if I find that first book out there I'll buy it. I know I can find it on Ebay but where's the fun in that?


Books can be pricey so I've taken to using my JoAnn's coupons on the books. I get them online and by mail and for awhile just let them expire. Then it hit me....use them on the books! Don't know why I didn't think of that before! We have a JoAnn's superstore near us and they have a ton of books so the selection is really good. So use your coupons!!

2 comments:

Betty said...

I wondered how long it would be before you'd get into Schnibbles! Can't wait to see which pattern you start with... Maybe you can do your own year of Schnibbles!

Cindy said...

I know myself well enough not to plan something like that! I think Eric would just shake his head too since he was happy to hear I had no outside commitments on any particular quilt projects after I finished the last auction one! I'm happiest when I work at my own pace without a deadline. Probably because I procrastinate!!